When should you take action?

lf you marry or enter into a registered partnership


lf you marry or enter into a registered partnership

Getting married or entering into a registered partnership are considered to be equal in relation to your pension scheme. We receive this information and your partner's information from the municipal authority automatically. You do not need to send it to us. Your partner may be entitled to a partner's pension from our pension fund in the event of your death. If you believe that the partner's pension is inadequate, ensure that you make additional arrangements.

Please note: If you live together but are not married, then your partner is not automatically entitled to a partner's pension upon your death. In order to ensure your partner's eligibility for this, you must satisfy certain conditions. For instance, you will need a cohabitation agreement drawn up by and signed in the presence of a civil-law notary. A copy of that agreement will need to be sent to Bpf MITT. 



Further information

More information about your old-age pension is provided in the pension regulations on the documents page of our website (in Dutch).